This fucking dick and his brother.
On the R train about two hours ago a girl with a book bag sat down between these two guys, one of them moved over for her, but the other made an annoyed face and goes, “did you have to sit like that?!” and the girl just smiled.
So he called her a dyke.
She rolled her eyes at him and was like, “ok buddy” and he started in on her appearance.
Talking shit about her short hair and baggy jeans, calling her a dyke. Then his fucking twin brother (you guys they were dressed alike and easily 40) piped up with, “oh come on, leave HIM alone!” and they both laughed, so I said (because I never did learn to keep my mouth shut) “what the fuck is your problem! Leave her alone”
Then they both turned around to me and the one standing up said, “what’s your problem little girl? Mind your fucking business!” so I said, “why don’t you? Stop fucking with her!” at which point the seated brother turned from harassing the girl and started harassing me. He called me fat, ugly, a dyke, and a stupid dyke bitch. Then he told me that my septum ring made me look unfeminine. I stood up and said, “do you think this hurts my fucking feelings? You think I’ve never been called a fucking dyke before!” and my cousin, who was right next to me said, “why do you need to harass her?!”
While he was yelling at me the other brother went back to yelling at the girl. He said she had short hair because she had something to prove, and that we could all see she was just a fat dyke.
This went on until they got off the train at 49th. As they were leaving the car the one that had been standing said he would kill us and the one that had been sitting said, “you’re a dyke and you’re a dyke and birds of feather!! Bitches!”
After the left, a large man who didn’t make eye contact said, “oh are you all ok?” a lot of fucking help you were when we needed you.
Everyone who thinks all women have to do is ask the men to move, or “speak up”? TAKE NOTICE OF WHAT HAPPENS WHEN WE DO.
And the other men in the train, those of you who chose to stand by and do nothing - YOU are the problem. These men, and the men like this, are YOUR problem.
Tzipporah, I’m sorry you and your cousin went through this. Good on you for speaking out for the other woman.
- Mod Recca
This post is kind of hard for me to actually agree with or disagree with.
My problem with thinking non-asshole men are obligated to tell asshole men off is… well, that is likely to lead to violence.
Oh, okay. So we’re at an impasse then. We’ve spent the last three weeks on this blog being told by MEN that what we (women) need to do is just tell these guys to move and to stop harassing us, and if we don’t we’re cowards. Now you’re here acknowledging that asking men to move or to stop would lead to violence, and you’re not willing to deal with that.
But you ARE willing to stand by and watch that violence be inflicted on other people, to protect your own self.
While these guys called you a dyke, I’d be likely to have my face kicked in for standing up to them.So, naturally, I’m going to keep my mouth shut. It’s not my obligation to have my ass kicked by some dude for sticking up for you just because me and this guy have the same reproductive organs.
Oh, okay. Gotcha. You like having your male privilege…and the fact YOU could call women dykes and THREATEN TO KILL THEM without worrying about either women or men standing up to you. Nice!
So, hey, I can say these guys are sexist pigs. I can say I abhor guys like this, but I can’t agree with you that it’s my duty to stand up to him.
Yes, I understand. You just don’t think you have any responsibility to the people around you. What does it matter if some stranger is being threatened and harassed, so long as your ass is safe?
If I thought I could do this without encountering violence, I would, but I’m not signing up to have my fatass kicked. Hope you understand where I’m coming from.
Yeah, we understand. Since it’s the daily experience of women - you know, having to deal with harassment and the threat of violence. The difference is, though, that we as women are ACTUALLY EXPERIENCING THE VIOLENCE. We don’t have to DO anything except exist to face this kind of violence. You get to keep yourself safe by letting it happen to us.
And that makes you a complete shithead.
- Mod Recca
I’m so sorry that this happened, and feel the need to have it on my blog because of some of the unbelievable reactions you’ve gotten. Entitled bullshit, unfortunately, is more than just entitled bullshit, it can be life threatening.
Also, take note of how the above picture guy is sitting. I thought it seemed relevant after that other photo was circulating a few weeks ago about the idea of taking up space. Observations and truth.
Has a total of: 1484 Notes
- ecadia likes this
- voxapocrypha likes this
- produdfctititty reblogged this from swinku
- taxicat likes this
- swinku reblogged this from movethefuckoverbro
- contempgirl reblogged this from renirabbit
- she-of-snakes reblogged this from movethefuckoverbro
- sabrina-shapeshifter likes this
- theshaggybuttofthorin likes this
- deeptalkswithmonica likes this
- vivir-antes reblogged this from renirabbit
- aylinmoon reblogged this from renirabbit
- joga-luce likes this
- sammie-cyanide reblogged this from movethefuckoverbro
- escapinganxiety reblogged this from renirabbit
- estrume likes this
- renirabbit reblogged this from movethefuckoverbro
- curlycat3 reblogged this from donttouchmewhileimonmypyramid
- curlycat3 likes this
- donttouchmewhileimonmypyramid reblogged this from kanayay
- saucerlike reblogged this from movethefuckoverbro and added:
- sacreations reblogged this from personqwer
- imobsessedwithsupernatural likes this
- kanayay reblogged this from workyardplaysard
- personqwer reblogged this from workyardplaysard
- atotheshli likes this
- workyardplaysard reblogged this from movethefuckoverbro
- ramenpolanski likes this
- daisyloveletters likes this
- ggggal likes this
- lilithliline likes this
- missjudgypants likes this
- sensiblechuckle likes this
- hatearoundtheworld reblogged this from movethefuckoverbro and added:
- whathannahsaid reblogged this from fandomonfire
- fandomonfire reblogged this from roman-numerals
- maybeitsastory reblogged this from stormageddon-bradley
- absolutmindfuck likes this
- willthisgivemeninjapowers reblogged this from creepystaring and added:
- creepystaring reblogged this from 92330
- beepb0p reblogged this from slickalicious
- beepb0p likes this
- noirandchocolate likes this
- slickalicious reblogged this from yes-that-ampora and added:
- yes-that-ampora reblogged this from moirailkind
- chickennagitos likes this
- moirailkind reblogged this from grimdarkkind
- dippersbirthmark reblogged this from consultingassbuttswithclara
- redmund reblogged this from muslim-unicorn
- audreyftwx7 reblogged this from actyourrage