Pricelists Industry vs Fandom.
If anyone would care to donate a coloured comic page for the comic industry standard list I’m willing to accept one and will give credit c8 I would’ve made one if I had an example but I don’t -A-
But yes that’s off my chest.
Of course this is based off my own browsing over price lists and how I work unfortunately my commissioner homie went idle so I can’t confirm the most vs the least one can spend.
I’ve only found one artist thus far that charges nearly as close to industry standard. Even then it’s under the standard. As far a I’m concerned anyone under the standard shouldn’t have complaints about expensive art. Fandom average is hardly one you can live by.
Would you like to get paid $30 for 3-7 days worth of work?
Yeah hey, everyone look at this. This is what EVERY artist should be able to charge, even if just the lower rungs.
ahahah ok, this actually made me remember one moment that happened on a local Con this summer, we were doing commissions there, and we were drawing A5 format chibies for 5LT(2$) they were lined, colored and looking all nice and this girl comes to us asking about prices and we tell her that chibi drawing is 2$ and she said: wow that`s too expensive and walked away.
ahahahah if only she saw this post :”D
seriously though. I sell my stuff for so cheap when I could get away with much more. Mostly because my friends are either highschoolers or college students and I can understand not having access to or having the money in general, but I’ve sold a print of an unfinished piece for $175 before to an artist/art collector friend, so I know my stuff is worth or close to being worth industry standard prices.
Its hard to see people whine at me that $10 is too expensive for a fully shaded single body when i should be selling them for more 8( But I know a lot of other people enjoy the prices because they can actually buy stuff at that price, so it’s worth it for them more than anything.
Lol. this reminds me of a convo I had with someone on DA the other day. Went like this (through notes):
Person: I need someone to draw this using muro, or atleast a anime style of her for free ;-; if you can’t do you know anyone?
Me: “I dont work for free, sorry! No one I know works for free either. If you want something drawn, it’s best to hire someone. O:”
Person: “WOW CONGRATULATIONS!
You are the 50th person to say “no” and “Sorry” in a reply :D”
Me: “I don’t know what to tell you. If you want a service done, like artwork, you need to pay for it or atleast expect to pay for it. The error was assuming that someone would want to do the work for free.
It’s nothing personal against you. Something you have to understand is that a lot of professional artists depend on their art to support them (including myself). When you ask us to make you something for free, it is sort of like us asking you to go to your job for a full day with no pay. I don’t want to do my job (my art) for free and I certainly don’t think you would want to work at your job for free either.
So, as I said before, my suggestion is to save your money and hire someone to do the art for you. If you don’t make any money or don’t make a lot of money then I think you will just have to decide if it’s something you really want. It’s sort of like anything else in life; you have to prioritize.
And sure, you might get someone along the way who says “yes” (most likely someone who is just starting out) but you will get a lot of “no”s along the way for the same reasons I stated above.”
The thing that kills me though is that I went to their page and some one did end up drawing it for free for him. Someone with a decent amount of talent too :( Makes me sad!
(via cottonmemory)Posted on February 27th at 2:47 AM
Has a total of: 18748 Notes
- inosh-k reblogged this from udnoestaaqui
- inosh-k likes this
- udnoestaaqui reblogged this from qinni
- motherofdwagons reblogged this from bendragon-cumbersmaug
- dusty-soul likes this
- crusadingprestigia likes this
- allkpopallthetime likes this
- zukiipukii likes this
- radariant reblogged this from samcybercat
- gosh-darn reblogged this from tbskyen
- cicelythereaper likes this
- revel-romp likes this
- tbskyen reblogged this from druli
- druli reblogged this from askfordoodles
- scorch-mechanic reblogged this from corvid-quill
- reallyjustanowlcityblog likes this
- tsunamio reblogged this from samcybercat
- mirielstome reblogged this from vulpiximisa
- mirielstome likes this
- unikins likes this
- unikins reblogged this from vulpiximisa
- samcybercat reblogged this from vulpiximisa and added:
- samcybercat likes this
- vulpiximisa reblogged this from naegiiri
- friendlyneighborhoodcatgirl reblogged this from fuzzypops
- friendlyneighborhoodcatgirl likes this
- toastbeef reblogged this from fuzzypops
- housesunshadow likes this
- jimmyjimdandy reblogged this from fuzzypops
- askbawssspike likes this
- ive-caught-the-ugly likes this
- craycrayponies reblogged this from oktaviavonseckendorff
- craycrayponies likes this
- luckykrelle likes this
- oktaviavonseckendorff reblogged this from pimpeta-slap
- chrislong1211 reblogged this from pimpeta-slap
- corvid-quill reblogged this from crackervolley
- animalnikki reblogged this from hawthornish
- mexican-kurloz likes this
- thestridercider reblogged this from pimpeta-slap
- lauriesfiamma likes this
- just-a-xe reblogged this from pimpeta-slap
- creepycupnoodle likes this
- jack-jackpot reblogged this from pimpeta-slap
- pimpeta-slap reblogged this from 12345837489237489
- pimpeta-slap likes this
- desmond-kilometers likes this
- toastbeef likes this
- fuzzypops reblogged this from impsexual
- ms-interpret reblogged this from notdavestrider